The Anglo-Thai Society is delighted to present the Educational Awards for Excellence 2016 to Thai students studying in the UK, it's aim being to recognise the exceptional academic achievements of Thai post-graduate scholars in the UK.
Please note that the strict deadline for applications is 30 September, 2016. The winners will be announced by 31st October 2016. The Awards Ceremony will be held at The Oriental Club, Stratford House,11 Stratford Place, London W1C 1ES on Friday, 25th November 2016. This year we are delighted to have the eminent Film Producer, Iain Smith, as a keynote speaker.
The winning candidates will be expected to present a three-minute talk and display their work at the Reception.
Title of the Awards
The Anglo-Thai Society presents Educational Awards for Excellence in:
1. Science (PhD students only)
2. Medical Science (PhD students only)
3. Engineering and/or Technology (PhD students only)
4. Humanities and Social Science (PhD students only)
5. Environment (PhD students only)
6. The Arts, including Architecture, Design and Music (Masters and PhD students)
7. Award for a non-Thai national at a UK university [research focussed on Thailand] (Masters and PhD students)
8. Special Award for a Thai Chevening Scholar (PhD students only)
Criteria for the Awards
The Annual Awards are for Thai students in the final stages of their PhD research in the UK and who have a record of outstanding performance during their time of study here. The judges will consist of a panel of distinguished academics who will take into consideration the contribution this research makes to the Thai nation and the world in general. To be considered for the shortlist, candidates should submit the following:
- Brief CV plus photograph.
- Letter of support from your Academic Supervisor or Tutor. Please click on the link below for guidance.
- A Statement of Achievement, with an abstract of your thesis (e.g. publications, conferences attended and other outstanding work/experience during the last 2-3 years of research in the UK). Not more than 2 A4 size pages size pages (email preferred).
- State clearly how your research will benefit Thailand.
- Please also state clearly for which of the above awards you are applying.
Nature of the Awards
These are essentially honorary awards. The winner of each category will receive a plaque engraved with their name and a cheque for £300 donated by generous sponsors of the scheme, including H.E. the Ambassador of Thailand. Other prizes and diplomas will also be awarded for recognition in each field.
Calendar of Events
Tuesday, 1st November
Talk on 'Contemporary Political Developments in Thailand' This event has been postponed until after the initial period of mourning for the late King Bhumibol Adulyadej. Members will be notified in due course of a new date for the talk.
Friday, 25th November 6:30 pm
ATS Education Awards Presentation at The Oriental Club
Wednesday, 14th December