The Anglo-Thai Society is delighted to present the Educational Awards for Excellence 2014 to Thai students studying in the UK. With its aim being to recognise the exceptional academic achievements of Thai post-graduate scholars in the UK, the ATS would like to invite all those who feel they might qualify for an award to apply as detailed.
Title of the Awards
The Anglo-Thai Society presents Educational Awards for Excellence in:
- Science, including Medicine
- Engineering, including Technology
- Humanities, including Social Science
- The Arts, including Architecture, Design and Music
Criteria for the Awards
The Annual Awards are for Thai students in the final stages of their PhD research in the UK and who have a record of outstanding performance during their time of study here. The judges will consist of a panel of distinguished academics who will take into consideration the contribution this research makes to the Thai nation and the world in general. To be considered for the shortlist, candidates should submit the following:
- Brief CV plus photograph.
- Letter of support from your Academic Supervisor or Tutor. Please click on the link below for guidance.
- A Statement of Achievement, with an abstract of your thesis (e.g. publications, conferences attended and other outstanding work/experience during the last 2-3 years of research in the UK). Not more than 2 A4 size pages size pages (email preferred).
- State clearly how your research will benefit Thailand.
- Please also state clearly for which of the above awards you are applying.
Nature of the Awards
These are essentially honorary awards. The winner of each category will receive a plaque engraved with their name and a cheque for £300 donated by generous sponsors of the scheme, including H.E. the Ambassador of Thailand. Other prizes and diplomas will also be awarded for recognition in each field.
Calendar of Events
Tuesday, 5th August
Sunday 31st August
Tuesday 8th October
5:00 - 8:00 pm
Thai cooking demonstration and wine tasting at Suda Rice Bar Restaurant, Covent Garden