The Anglo-Thai Society is delighted to present the Educational Awards for Excellence 2015 to Thai students studying in the UK, it's aim being to recognise the exceptional academic achievements of Thai post-graduate scholars in the UK.
Please note that the strict deadline for applications is 30 July 2015. The winners will be announced by 15th October 2015. The Awards Ceremony will be held at The Office of Educational Affairs, The Royal Thai Embassy, 28 Prince’s Gate, London SW7 1PT on Friday, 27th November 2015. The winning candidates will be expected to present a three-minute talk and display their work at the Reception.
Title of the Awards
The Anglo-Thai Society presents Educational Awards for Excellence in:
- Science, including Medicine
- Engineering, including Technology
- Humanities, including Social Science
- The Arts, including Architecture, Design and Music
Criteria for the Awards
The Annual Awards are for Thai students in the final stages of their PhD research in the UK and who have a record of outstanding performance during their time of study here. The judges will consist of a panel of distinguished academics who will take into consideration the contribution this research makes to the Thai nation and the world in general. To be considered for the shortlist, candidates should submit the following:
- Brief CV plus photograph.
- Letter of support from your Academic Supervisor or Tutor. Please click on the link below for guidance.
- A Statement of Achievement, with an abstract of your thesis (e.g. publications, conferences attended and other outstanding work/experience during the last 2-3 years of research in the UK). Not more than 2 A4 size pages size pages (email preferred).
- State clearly how your research will benefit Thailand.
- Please also state clearly for which of the above awards you are applying.
Nature of the Awards
These are essentially honorary awards. The winner of each category will receive a plaque engraved with their name and a cheque for £300 donated by generous sponsors of the scheme, including H.E. the Ambassador of Thailand. Other prizes and diplomas will also be awarded for recognition in each field.
Calendar of Events
Tuesday 12th April
Talk by Dr. Martin Seeger of the Thai Studies Centre, Leeds University. For more information and booking details, please click here
Tuesday, 10th May
7:00 pm. Talk by former Ambassador David Fall, 'Released into the Community - Recollections of an Ex-Excellency' at The Royal Over-Seas League. For more details and booking information please click here
Monday, 20th June
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm Summer Reception in the Cholmondeley Room, House of Lords. Booking details coming soon